Thursday, April 28, 2016

Don't sell your oats

I eat oatmeal for breakfast. So shoot me because Justin wants to. I guess it really isn't the fact that I eat oatmeal, but rather what I do with the container after I've "finished."

Sometimes I have like ninety things to carry downstairs when we are getting ready to leave in the morning. Like my book, or my phone. I just don't have enough room in my hands to grab the oatmeal container. Sometimes it gets left on Justin's side of the bed. Only sometimes though; like just every work day. 

Anyway last night I was exhausted when I climbed into bed, and I realized I'd left the oatmeal container on his side of the bed. I picked up the bowl then realized that the spoon was missing. I started feeling around in the dark and eventually my fingers closed around the handle. I pulled and with the spoon came Justin's favorite blanket. I was like whaaa??? 

Apparently the spoon had somehow dislodged from the container and still had oatmeal debris on it when did. Totally not my fault. I blame in on the lumpy side of Justin's bed. The oatmeal turned into superglue as it hardened and affixed itself permanently to Justin's blanket. I was eventually able to pull the spoon off because I have big muscles, and like the Dalai Lama says; "Nothing is permanent." I felt around and felt globs of oatmeal hardened on the blanket. 

I was so tired that I actually fell asleep trying to decide what to do about the chunky blanket. I didn't hear anything this morning about it so I think we are in the clear. I'll just wash the blanket and then the oatmeal should soften in the washer. Hey I'll even get second breakfast once the cycle is complete. The oatmeal should neatly pile up at the bottom of the washer basin and be perfect oatmeal consistency. And it'll be clean because it was just washed. Duh. 

I found these and I think Justin and I need them for our wedding and our honeymoon. Obviously I can eat cake with it and then use it to spank him later on.  Yup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment