Friday, June 3, 2016

Save The Cats... Of every age, color and sexual orientation

It is no secret that I like cats. I've wanted one for quite some time. Justin and I attempted to foster with a local non-profit animal shelter last year but unfortunately it did not work out. 

Today I was at work and a friend of mine who is about to be between houses because obviously simultaneously closing on a home your selling and one your buying always gets cattywompus. The following conversation transpired:

Pamela- so basically we have to pay like $3k to rent an apartment for one month because of the pets. 

Tracey- what about if you didn't have the pets?

Pamela- well it'd be cheaper but we don't have anyone to take the cat. 

Tracey- I might be able to help. 

Pamela- Hey Malina didn't you want a cat?

Me- Yes, yes I did. Justin is allergic so I don't know if he would go for it. 

Pamela- well Benny is just a gay tomcat

Me-wait, what?

Pamela- he isn't like other cats. My sons always wonder why they didn't get a cool cat. Benny is a gay tomcat. He mostly hangs out outside. 

Me- so... Like I have to make sure he doesn't rape other neighborhood male cats? (Mentally thinking of maybe Justin's manliness would be a target for Benny's affection?) 

Pamela- well no. 

Me: okay... Well let me talk to Justin. 

Pamela shows me photos: see look at his gay face. You can just tell he is gay. 

Me- .... Yeah let me check with Justin. 


Fast forward we talked and Justin is feeling hesitant. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll have a change of heart but I'm not holding my breath. 

I did however decide to reach out to my animal loving compadre to get her take. I was presented with the perfect time to broach the subject. She was making statements about all her new friends she is bringing home and I was like "I might get a gay cat!"


Yeah so I'll keep you posted. Keep your paws crossed. 






No comments:

Post a Comment