Friday, April 18, 2014

Because I'm a Disney Princess Too

Justin and I were supposed to go on a date night tonight to watch "The Grand Budapest Hotel." Unfortunately I'm feeling slightly under the weather so I bargained him down to a walk and trip to Hastings to rent DVDs. 

We live steps away from the Boise Greenbelt. For those of you who don't know that is this super long path that is quite scenic at times. We saw these two ducks trying to hump in midair then the male took a nose dive. 

He stood there quacking so I attempted to run after him. He ran down this little dirt path and I excidely determined that he must be leading me to my very own cottage; you know fit for a Disney Princess. I was laughing and trying my damnedest to keep up with the bastard as he cast strange looks at me over his shoulder and waddled hurriedly towards my cottage where there would of course be like twenty more ducks who could all talk in human language rather than in loud quacks as I am chasing them. 

Unfortunately my journey was truncated as he hopped in a particularly rapid-y part of the river. I think he was trying to tell me that my cottage was on the little island only a few yards downstream but I wasn't wearing a swim suit so I told the duck I couldn't go to my cottage. He totally understood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment