Friday, June 19, 2015

Challis Motel

It's official... My first work trip is in the books. Monday we packed up our work vehicle and caravanned to Challis, Idaho. Our mission to provide mammograms was completed and we met a lot of fantastic women, almost petted some deer, and got to stay in a neat little motel. 

On our way back we stopped in Stanley, Idaho for breakfast. The population sign read "43," I thought that was pretty insane. I also eat the mayor's wife. (***edit I did mean meet not eat I typed this on my iPhone and it autocorrected)

Here are some photos from my humble abode on the trip: 
Sawtooth Mountains (from the car)
My little kitchen
My bedroom 
Majestic Horse Lamp

All in all it was a good trip except for that part where I woke up at 4:00 AM, stumbled into the bathroom to pee, and discovered a few dozen beetles. "Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!" I screamed as I frantically mass murdered them. Ugh not sure what the hell was going on or where they all came from but I was disturbed. I left my horse lamp on for the remainder of the night hoping against all hope that more beetles wouldn't march upon the battlefield, or decide to march across my face for that matter. 

Just as I had drifted back to sleep my window air conditioner decided to emit a high pitched squeal which I mistook as someone being brutally violated in the parking lot while someone else was making that weird noise with latex balloons having the air let out of them. Fortunately it was just the air conditioner deciding to die at the most inappropriate time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment