Monday, June 29, 2015

Treasure Hunting

With Justin being out of state I have been trying to keep myself busy to occupy my mind. Today I ran a bunch of ho-hum errands before weaving my way into historic downtown Nampa to a lovely little used book store. I had been eyeballing this particular store for sometime but had yet to get the chance to visit it. 

The kind employee asked me if I needed help finding anything since I essentially was standing there motionless in awe. Something about the smell of used books paralyzes me in a strange kind of euphoria. I explained my desire to find a nice hard cover copy of "Jane Eyre," and of course asked for Harry Potter to see what editions he had in stock. 

His Harry Potter selection was seriously lacking but he did happen to produce this lovely copy of not only "Jane Eyre" but also "Wurthering Heights."
I knew I had stumbled upon a treasure so I didn't blink when I saw the $15 price tag I immediately agreed to buy it. 

When I arrived home a simple search revealed the set to be worth $100 more than what I paid at a minimum. Needless to say it was a great find. To fill my Harry Potter void I decided to have a Harry Potter movie marathon... Why I didn't think of this sooner is beyond me :)
Notice the quote on my coffee cup :) which was part of a gift exchange I did on reddit last month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment