Thursday, July 14, 2016

Contact Who?

I checked in this patient today and she had two emergency contacts. This is not uncommon. I focused my eyes over each name and said; "okay so you have Dick and Dick for an emergency contact? So two dicks?" Then I felt myself turn red. The patient paused for a totally inappropriate time frame (I think I don't know I'm pretty hypervilligent these days so it may have only been a fraction of a second). 

Patient: uhhh?

Me: let me see oh yes they are two different Dicks. It says one is your father and one is your spouse?

Patient: yes that's right

Me: okay awesome 

Then I continued about my business trying not to act like a 12 year old because I could not contain the hilarity of having not one but two dicks as emergency contacts. End. 

No comments:

Post a Comment