Sunday, May 24, 2015

Thought of the Day (boring)

I may have mentioned in the past that for my job I bounce around to different offices. It is pretty nice to have a change in atmosphere so I never quite get "too" comfortable. In fact in June I will be taking a couple of mobile trips out on the mammography bus which will be an experience to say the least. 

I was at one of our offices close to downtown Boise the other day. I parked about fifteen minutes away in the six story parking garage. I of course parked on the top level so I could oogle Table Rock while I enjoyed my lunch. I truly do wish I was able to get up there more often. 
Table Rock

At the end of the day I opted to take the elevator back up to my car in lieu of the stairs. I watched out the glass backing of the elevator, and noticed an old house converted to apartments that I used to live in about seven years ago. I could clearly make out the back entrance to the building which I frequently exited and entered throughout my time there.

I totally had this weird and awesome reflective moment. I considered where I was then, and where I am now. I thought of all the accomplishments I have had in that span of seven-ish years. For once I was totally proud of me. I think the me from all those years ago would be proud of me too. I hope in another seven-ish years I feel the same way. 

So often in the past I had looked for validation from others to placate me. But as I age I find that the only validation and approval I need is that of my own. This is quite freeing in and of itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment