Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Cookie Monster



I had to get a CT scan done today. Have you ever had one of those? You know they tell you not eat after midnight the night prior then they stick you in this donut shaped contraption for like thirty minutes. All I could do was imagine eating donuts. I am pretty sure that is part of the cruel tricks they play on their patients.

It is always quite traumatic for me when I am deprived of food; even if it is only temporarily. Seriously I could be told not to eat for a couple of hours and I mentally break down. Perhaps I was a feral cat in a previous life??? Last night, after making a mental note that I was not allowed to eat anything beyond midnight, I reluctantly fell asleep with the package of cookies I had purchased earlier in the day in the forefront of my mind. I had night mares all night long (weird I later met Freddie Krueger, don't mind my jumbled post order) about eating the package of cookies and having to reschedule my CT scan. Quite terrifying (not really but you know how in the heat of the moment every day trials and tribulations night mares are always worse than they seem).

I realized before I left this morning that someone, I’m not pointing fingers here, got into the cookies last night. So I guess if the results of my CT scan come back inconclusive I can blame the cookies. That or they might think I have some kind of killer tumor that is really just a pile of cookies trying to sully my insides.

After my appointment I headed to a lunch date with one of my bestest (yes that is a word) friends. We went to lunch (thank goodness) and I stuffed my face. Then I came home and ate like fifteen cookies. 
What? Do I have something in my teeth? I really am getting a knack for this self portrait thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment