Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Calm Before the Storm



At last I am facing the final Sunday before fall semester in my undergrad year, or so it seems. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to stay afloat in the midst of the eighteen credits I’m currently enrolled in. If not my graduation date will push back… but I have hope.

I began my college career ten years ago. I never imagined it would take this long to complete but that is life. I had an approximate five year hiatus somewhere in the middle of it all. There was not a day that went by during that time that I did not long to return to school. I always found excuses not to go back. Finally a few years ago I was on a Sunday walk with a dear friend of mine who blatantly asked what the hell I was doing with my life. Thanks to her question and encouragement I am writing this here and now.

It is never too late to pursue your dreams. Time passes always; make the best of it. Chase your dreams because you can. Chase your dreams because they are your dreams. Chase your dreams because you deserve to be happy.
My happy place. I visit this spot every year the day before school starts and like 50 more times per year.

What is this? I want one! I want to hug it!

No comments:

Post a Comment