Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Home Improvement

I have been on the quiet side lately with this blog because, despite the capability I have of proof-reading my own posts, I have been afraid of slipping up and sharing the news before Justin and I are ready... drum roll please.... We bought a house! After looking at dozens of homes, and not acting quick enough with offers on two prior homes, we landed us a house. Because what better thing to add to my plate during my final semester of school than moving? Of course I know that the headaches of moving this go round will be well worth it in the end.

For the past few weeks Justin and his parents have been going over on the weekends to prepare for our big move. They have scrubbed high and low, pulled weeds, stained the fence, replaced fixtures on and on and on. I can't even begin to put into words how much their help means to us. It is a rare breed who will donate their weekends to do back breaking work which involves shaving off layers of grime the seller left in the house.

I will post photos of the house when I take them with my camera phone. It is nothing too exciting, but going from an efficiency kitchen to a full kitchen with a walk-in pantry and a microwave (haven't had one of those in ages) is pretty awesome. Not to mention the fact that we have extra bedrooms and bathrooms now too, oh and let's not forget the back yard. So needless to say we are excited as can be over here. We hope to be officially moved over soon and can't wait to get settled.

Photo Credit: http://brightestyoungthings.com/articles/obytuary-jtt.htm
I am not sure why I wanted to post this photo of Jonathan Taylor Thomas but I blame the title of this blog. Let's just say Justin and I are as excited about our new house as JTT and his dog are about their matching sweaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment