Friday, December 26, 2014

Merry Christmas

Another Christmas has come and gone. It is funny how quickly the holiday season always seems to pass. My late grandmother's favorite holiday was always Christmas. I think I inherited that from her. Giving is one of my favorite things, especially when I like the person I am shopping for ;)

Justin and I enjoyed our first Christmas together in our new house. Our borrowed tree was bare of ornaments so Christmas morning when I woke up Justin has dispersed chocolate bars throughout the tree. It was scrumptious-looking. We opened gifts together as I sipped from my new narwhal coffee cup gifted to me by one of my BFFs. It was a perfect morning. I had taken the liberty of fashioning some of Justin's gifts into dolls. There was James Patterson, LeBron James and of course Channing Tatum. 
 Couple of gag gifts mine to justin was the screw driver, and Justin found that movie for me pretty darn awesome. 


After the morning festivities we tried to steal Smeagol but our efforts proved fruitless.

Next we celebrated Christmas at Justin's parents house. I now have this hanging in my powder bath. Which by the way I just finished painting that. You can barely tell in the elephant photo so I included another photo below where you can see the contrast against the white. 

Also his mom and our family friend Sandy made these amazing towels for me :) 

Okay, okay enough with the gifts otherwise I will be here all day. 

Finally for Christmas we finished up at a family friend's house with Justin's mom's famous vegan stuffing which is always a show stopper. So all in all it was a great day. 

Justin returned to work this morning and I took care of all of our Christmas gifts. Then I tried to catch the house on fire with the washing machine because I got sick of cleaning and figured it might be best to just let it burn. Totally kidding, but in all seriousness the damn washer (I'm 90% sure) caught on fire. It smoked for at least ten minutes and even set off the smoke detector. 

Ps I figure it is about time that I share the photo from the mishap photo shoot we had for our Christmas photos. So Merry Christmas... And you're welcome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment