Friday, March 14, 2014

♪r♪But the "son" rolling high through the sapphire sky♫♪

Me: I forgot to tell you I almost got us a son today.

Justin: A sun?

Me: A son... I was leaving the co-op and this kid was behind me. He was asking me all the way to the car if he could have a sleep over. When I went to unlock my door I turned around and looked at him and said 'go ahead,' thinking that he belonged in the car parked next to me.

Justin: and...

Me: And he goes, "mom???" and then ran across the parking lot in the other direction. It was this close.

Anyway I got one of the ultimate editions of Harry Potter that I had ordered today. Speaking of watching movies a friend of mine posted this on Facebook.
Her status said watching "The Lion King"... simply brilliant


I think that is the epitome of art. Speaking of art I was eating falafel the other day and I sent Justin this photo because the shape I made in the mustard reminds me of Edvard Munch's "The Scream"


Spot on my friends... Spot on.

Photo Credit: Edvard Munch's wiki
PS In regards to the Lion King (and the title of this blog), call me daft but I did not realize the chanting at the beginning of the song actually was in a Zulu I thought it was just gibberish...

"The song in the beginning of Lion King is called Circle of Life. The beginning chant is: Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba [Here comes a lion, Father]. Sithi uhm ingonyama [Oh yes, it's a lion]. Nants ingonyama bagithi baba Sithi uhhmm ingonyama Ingonyama Siyo Nqoba [We're going to conquer]. Ingonyama Ingonyama nengw' enamabala [A lion and a leopard come to this open place]."

credit: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-do-they-say-in-the-song-that-plays-when-simba-is-born-at-the-beginning-of-the-lion-king

No comments:

Post a Comment