Tuesday, March 4, 2014

MacGyvering Cat Fur Coats

Remember this cat that I thought was homeless? Justin did some investigative work (i.e. unlike me he payed attention to something other than a rumbling tummy and the prospect of food while walking into our apartment). Apparently the kitty belongs to our one and only next door neighbor. He is mentally handicapped (not the kitty or Justin, my neighbor) so I can't get away with stealing the cat unless I am a truly evil asshole.

Also we were considering fostering a cat but after Monday happened we are putting that on hold for the time being. I awoke Monday morning and prepared, as I usually do, for my volunteer shift. When I made it to my truck I discovered that the little MacGyver contraption I fashioned which covers the hole in the windshield was gone.
How I felt when I saw my cover thingy was gone... Photo Credit: http://www.plagueofthemullet.com/famous-mullets.htm
When I turned the key in the ignition the darn thing was dead. So now I get to spend hard earned $$$ Which could be spent saving 100s of cats, for whom's fur I can save and sew a cat fur coat (which would serve a dual purpose of keeping Justin who is allergic to cats at bay when he is too rambunctious and also I would make a lot of new friends because lots of people like to pet cats) on trying to find a new car.

Anyway I called a taxi to make it to my volunteer shift and then was delighted upon arrival to discover that a good friend of mine was checked in to have a baby. Justin came to pick me up on his lunch hour to bring me home so I did not have to walk in the rain. He rewarded my bad day with a dozen roses and some french fries. I tell ya, that man is a keeper.

Oh and for all of my non Facebook peeps here is a picture of us from a date we went on this past weekend.
Wouldn't that dress just look spectacular when paired with a cat fur coat??? (yes that was rhetorical)
**Edit- our date consisted of going to see Hayao Miazaki's final masterpiece "The Wind Rises," and dinner. The movie was pretty good; but bittersweet since I love his movies and am sad to see him retiring.

PS if I ever have children they are getting this bed
Totoro bed: http://the.rainbowholic.me/quick/happy-squirrel-chisa-x-totoro-bed-x-pikachu-kigurumi/
I guess for non Miazaki fans I should give this link: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0594503/?ref_=nv_sr_1

That way you can see for yourself what he has to offer. My top five movies of his are as follows:
1. My Neighbor Totoro
2. The Cat Returns
3. Kiki's Delivery Service
4. Ponyo
5. Howl's Moving Castle

Honorable Mention: Grave of the Fireflies but it is so so sad!


No comments:

Post a Comment