Monday, March 31, 2014

Fantastic Beasts and Pixie Dust



Spring break is officially over, and now comes crunch time for the final seven weeks of class. I wish I could regal you with fantastic stories about the wonderful adventures that were had during break, but alas I have none… unless you count watching about 25 movies. Justin was excited to finally watch the “Tinkerbell” series with me. Speaking of that, the new “Pirate Fairy,” movie releases to DVD tomorrow so Justin will most likely be camping in Hastings’ parking lot to ensure our ownership of the latest Tinkerbell installment. He really enjoyed the series, perhaps even better than “Ever After.” 

In reality I did get to see a few friends over the break, one was even in town from Arkansas. Also I began volunteering in the chemo room at the hospital which was very rewarding. This week I get to take a class to volunteer with the babies in the hospital. So if you are pregnant I would hurry up and have your baby so I don’t get ahold of it and dress him/her up like Lord Voldemort. I kid, I kid…But I really am thrilled to expand my reach at the hospital. 

In other news I am happy to announce that at the conclusion of the semester I will be leaving good old Boise to visit family in New Hampshire and New York.  I wish I could tell you that Justin will be making the trip with me, but I hear they don’t allow butts that big on the plane. In all seriousness he will be staying home and working which breaks my heart. However there is always next time. 

Lastly, if you are a Harry Potter fan there is great wizarding world news that released. Of course if you are a fan you have probably already heard it. Apparently J.K. Rowling’s book “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them,” is going to be a THREE part movie, much like “The Hobbit.” How do you like them apples?? I hear that she is taking some of her treasure trove of knowledge and beefing up the material that was included in her short story. I for one am thrilled. Here is a random photo of Gandlaf with his new friend I found online to show my approval.
Photo Credit: http://digg.tumblr.com/post/62248636789/ian-mckellen-and-patrick-stewart-are-best-friends

No comments:

Post a Comment