Saturday, February 15, 2014

Love Love Love

Valentine's Day has come and gone. If there is one thing I learned it is never to make an agreement with Justin to not get each other anything on Valentine's Day or any other holiday for that matter.

On Valentine's eve I could not sleep so I sang my rendition of "The Circle of Life," Broadway style... A gift to Justin beyond any price indeed. I awoke in the morning to a gift and card. By 2:00PM two dozen roses were delivered. When Justin arrived home from work he had four vegan cupcakes in hand. I felt like a complete ass since my windshield wipers didn't work and essentially venturing out in my vehicle during the buckets of rain that were pouring down was asking for trouble.

I did make it down the street to Whole Foods (before he arrived home from work) and purchased some gourmet chocolates and cupcakes... Now we have six cupcakes, whatever shall we do??? Eat them all, duh. I also cooked our favorite lasagna and stuffed mushrooms. We ate nearly the entire pan of lasagna and all of the mushrooms.

We spent the evening just relaxing with bellies full of goodness (and guilt in my case... I will never be fooled again).

I also got to talk to my Uncle who sent me a rare edition of The Lord of the Rings trilogy in the mail. One of my favorite pastimes from childhood was reading those books with him. The books were a priceless gift indeed.
My kind of Valentine... Photo Credit: http://www.lordofthememe.com/Lord+Of+The+Rings+Funny+Pics/Will-you-be-my-LOTR-valentine/163

Also one of my dearest friends got engaged. She is most deserving, and I could go on for hours really about how excited I am that she is getting married... It is kind of like I am getting married ha. So now I must start searching for my wedding attire for her special day, I am thinking something along these lines.
Photo Credit: http://www.allweddingsecrets.com/princess-wedding-dresses/

Oh wait, I can't wear white to her wedding... how foolish of me I think I will go with something more along these lines.
Photo Credit: http://www.genesisxllc.com/images/dress_Perfect_Ball_Gown_Floor_Length_Sweatheart_Hot_Pink_Pd1124_Beads_And_Sequins_Prom_Dress_Sale.jpg
No?? Fine I will start scouting for some pantsuits.I mean I can't go wrong there, especially if I can get my mitts on a trendy cell phone.



In all seriousness I am truly ecstatic for her big day. True love is a rarity and solidifying something that special with marriage vows is spectacular in my opinion. Speaking of which, another great friend of mine will be tying the knot soon.... If you are feeling generous click the link to check out his story.

No comments:

Post a Comment